Wednesday, June 3, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude

This November I decided to challenge myself to write something I am grateful for in my Facebook status for each day of the month.  I did fairly well, missing a few days here and there, but usually then making up for the lag by appreciating a very meaningful blessing my life.  The fun thing about this exercise is that you find yourself having to choose just one of many things you have to be grateful for, which is a great mindset to go into the holidays!Here are my posts, because these are things I am grateful for all year long.

Nov. 2, 2014Ooooh I wanna 30 days of thankfulness! Gonna compact Nov 1-3 in a biggie: I'm thankful for the warm, charming roof over my head and that Fall is finally upon us in lovely San Jose!


Nov. 4, 2014Day 4 of gratefulness: I am grateful that I get to design and teach my own curriculum; it is a privilege to spend my days attempting to meet the charge of expanding others' perspectives.


Nov. 6, 2014Day 6 of thankfulness: I am grateful for my health, the fact that I was blessed with a kickbutt immune system. It's the gift that keeps on giving this time of year for us teachers!


Nov. 8, 2014Days 7 & 8 of thankfulness- I'm grateful for my awesome parents who know how to live the dream and are so good at sharing their light with the people they love!


Nov. 10, 2014Day 9 & 10 of gratefulness - thank goodness for old friends. I have the bestest besties in the world!


Nov. 11, 2014Day 11 of thankfulness: I'm grateful for my Grandpa, Lt. Col. Wayne Elkin, a veteran from the greatest generation, and the other countless men and women who gave so much and get so little meaningful recognition (particularly our recent vets not from the "greatest generation."). 


As global policy becomes increasingly less black and white, our soldiers have it harder- because they still have to risk their lives, even while they know more than half the world might not respect what they are fighting for. True heroes indeed.


Nov. 12, 2014

Day 12 of thankfulness: As I sit and drink my morning coffee I find I am so grateful for vices in moderation. Is that weird? Hedonism? Honesty.

Nov. 13, 2014

Day 13 of Thankfulness: I am so very grateful for my two sisters Genna and Alli. My girls have the best aunties and I have the best friends in these two thoughtful, compassionate, intelligent, powerful women! XO


Nov. 16, 2014



Days 15 & 16 of Thankfulness: I am grateful every day to witness the love and friendship blooming between my two daughters. 

They will each get their own day of thankfulness in this appreciation count down. But their bond gets its own shout out: because it makes me so proud and so full.



Nov 17, 2014Day 17 of Thankfulness: grateful for my favorite time of year- late fall heading into the winter holidays is the best! This sycamore lined street of mine is pretty lovely too!

Nov. 19, 2014Day 18 & 19 of Thankfulness: Today I'm thankful for unlikely perfect pairs such as Theatre & Math, Coffee Ice-cream, Absentmindedness & Intellect, and Nerds & Cops, for instance!


Nov. 21, 2014 Day 21 of Thankfulness: I am thankful for boots and vests, scarves and hats, More than opposable thumbs, it's cute winter accessories that separate us from the chimps!


Nov. 20, 2014 This is not exaggerated: I gave my 12.5 month old two crayons at 5:02pm and she sat focused drawing for 28 straight minutes until she saw me eating.

Day 20 of ThankfulnessAlice, my angel baby. Your sweet disposition, wise calm and general loveliness make being your mama such an honor every day. I am so blessed!


Nov. 22, 2014Day 22 of Thankfulness: I am so very thankful to be in my mid-30s. The 20s were amazing, full of adventure and self-centered betterment, yada-yada. I made life long friends in both high school and college, making the teens pretty rad. My first decade beginning in 1980 may have been during the Reagin administration, but nonetheless was full of magic, mostly due to my loving parents and sweetie-pie little sister and a very active imagination. But the 30s? The best yet!
 

Nov. 24, 2014Days 23 & 24 of Thankfulness (last two days): I am grateful to live in Northern California, amidst mighty redwoods and eucalyptus groves, tech genius, progressive minds, and my family and NorCal friends. We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge last night and despite the traffic we encountered on our commute - I couldn't help but smile at the twinkly late November city lights. Natural and urban beauty abounds! Hella.
 

Nov. 25, 2014Day 25 of Thankfulness: of all the things I have loved in my life, motherhood simply takes the cake. And here is the ball of pure joy and energy that first made me "mama." I am endlessly grateful for my first born, my best wee friend, and mini-me, Violet Mae. She is a kindred spirit: sees the world in technicolor - a true Bon vivant. I am so grateful she chose me to be her mom! 

 Nov. 28, 2014
Day 28 of Thankfulness: So grateful to be boycotting Black Friday! #BoycottBlackFriday #BlackFridayBlackOut 

Nov. 30, 2014
Days 29 & 30 of Thankfulness: I am so happy to have the time and state of mind to be aware of all the goodness and beauty that abounds in my little life. It's all about the attitude (of gratitude, yo)!


No comments:

Post a Comment